Independent Power Boat Forum
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account

https://ipbc.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

20 Feb Race Meeting

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

120 Feb Race Meeting Empty 20 Feb Race Meeting Sun 20 Feb 2011, 11:32 pm

Reklaw

Reklaw
Acting Sub Lieutenant
Acting Sub Lieutenant

Just wanted to congratulate the IPBC for a great day yesterday. Sure was a thrill to see so many boats turn up for the day. From posts on other Forums, everyone seemed to have a good day, hopefully they'll not only come back again, but spread the word amomgst other boaties.
Would like to particularly congratulate the young bloke on the mike (sorry, I forget your name). You did a splendid job.
I guess the Committee will be doing a bebrief on the events of the day. From an outsiders point of view, a couple of things that I observed were ........
a. Things didn't happen at 10AM as planned and the breeze had started to come up by the time boats hit the water.
b. Saw this guy try to launch his PWC at the ramp. One official told him that he could launch but not go out 'til the race had stopped (or similar), another told him that he couldn't use the ramp at all.

I look forward to the next race meeting, should be bigger & better than ever.

220 Feb Race Meeting Empty Re: 20 Feb Race Meeting Mon 21 Feb 2011, 12:52 am

admin

admin
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

I uploaded some Pics to the Gallery from the day.

320 Feb Race Meeting Empty Re: 20 Feb Race Meeting Mon 21 Feb 2011, 3:54 am

oletyma

Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

Reklaw,
Thank you for comments.
The slightly delayed start was completely beyond the control of the club and the paramedic because vital medical equipment was not delivered on time. We are very aware of wind conditions, but the breeze that got up was of little consequence.
Tecnically the ramp and course are closed. For PR reasons the club allows the launch and retrieval of boats safely between races.
This is a club day not a spectacular, and as you know no spectator entry is charged.
We do our best and it's pretty good. As a former owner/ driver and long time spectator I can attest to that.
A big thank you to all the volunteers on a very hot, busy day.
Harry Pugsley, Race Control/Race Safety Officer, IPBC, Feb 20.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum