Independent Power Boat Forum
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account
Independent Power Boat Forum

http://ipbc.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat,

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, on Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

tintin

Midshipman
Midshipman
Hi all,

my name is Gavin - I am interested in purchasing a wooden speed boat - like Glen -L / Tiny mite or something similar - does any one have one for sale?

View user profile

2 Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

reddwarf

Lieutenant
Lieutenant
check ebay you might find a cheap clinker or sea craft

View user profile

3 Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:20 pm

admin

Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet
Budget? Specs?

See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

View user profile

4 Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, on Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:37 pm

reddwarf

Lieutenant
Lieutenant
ive not seen tiny mights for sale in australia .my crackerbox is a glen l boat .and i have a1950 switzer bullet outboard replica both from plans the latter plan is on cd. the are a few old clinker on ebay and boat point from $2500 upwards it depends what work if any you want to do.

View user profile

5 tiny might on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

tintin

Midshipman
Midshipman
Cheers guys,

Yes have seen boat in link - budget 5 - 10k / specs 12ft to 14ft max / 202 engine / width 5 to 6ft

Hey Red Dwarf have seen some links for your cracker box it is way cool - might be interested in your other boat - bit of an inboard sort of guy - the cyclone has made it to Kalg and there is water in lake so skiing is the go for next week. A long time between drinks.

The criteria is for light weight - easy towing and easy handling onto trailer at end of day - I love the look of the Cracker box style where you sit behind motor - there is 5 tiny mites in Kalgoorlie all built by old local guys (some deceased) no one interested in selling

I am building the tiny mite but are worried it will never finish you know how projects go - but are navigating lofting and layout of drawings.

Cheers guys

View user profile

6 Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, on Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

reddwarf

Lieutenant
Lieutenant
the switzer bullet is from an australian who is redrawing several old boats from 10' to over 30' the link is /www.classicwoodenboatplans.com/index.htm
the bullet is a flat bottom 13' race type boat that was considered a hydroplane back in the 50's .more of a flat water boat not the best in chop it will take up to a 70hp engine depending on how thick you build the hull. it slides in te corners .patience is required in building sometimes during building i'd sit back and ponder for a while.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum