Independent Power Boat Forum
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account

https://ipbc.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

ipbc francise

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1ipbc francise Empty ipbc francise Sat 08 May 2010, 2:21 pm

flat

Captain
Captain

i have been in this great sport for 30yrs and i think this concept of low cost club racing is the best thing to happen in the sport for a very long time.the idea of having some fun on the water and a bbq after with your mates and familys is what its all about.how do we make affilited clubs, would love to start one in tassie.

2ipbc francise Empty Re: ipbc francise Sun 09 May 2010, 4:51 am

oletyma

Sub Lieutenant
Sub Lieutenant

As the founding Sec/Treas of IPBC, but no longer a committee member (at going on 73 I leave it to young blokes) and who first raced in 1954 I point out that "Independent" was deliberately chosen and means just that. If we could do it, so can you. All the best.

3ipbc francise Empty Re: ipbc francise Sun 09 May 2010, 8:14 am

The Spook

The Spook
Admiral
Admiral

Just going on from what oletyma has said, its not that hard. There are some steps in the process, but its not hard, it just takes the time and energy to do it.

Firstly you need to get a few people who are like minded and want to race independently of current organisations, six or eight to start with.

Go and talk to the Office of Fair Trading ( this is the Gov't deot in NSW that handles and registeres these types of organisations). They will give you advice as to the process of registering a not for profit club, or organisation.

You have to write a constitution and they will give you a set of model rules which you can use as they are, or you can rewrite them to suit yourself. we rewrote them with some specific clauses in them.

Once you have a constitution, figure out a name for the club and register it with the Gov't dept.

This explanation is very basic but as I said before, its not hard.

Spook

4ipbc francise Empty Re: ipbc francise Sun 09 May 2010, 8:51 am

flat

Captain
Captain

thank you for that info and i will look into it.i have had it with the apba,all the pollitics and red tape is b-ll s-it.the sad part is the sport suffers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum