Independent Power Boat Forum
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account
Welcome To the Independent Power Boat Club (IPBC) Forum Please login to your account

https://ipbc.forumotion.com

You are not connected. Please login or register

WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat,

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Empty WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Wed 15 Feb 2012, 11:44 am

tintin

Midshipman
Midshipman

Hi all,

my name is Gavin - I am interested in purchasing a wooden speed boat - like Glen -L / Tiny mite or something similar - does any one have one for sale?

2WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Empty Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Sun 18 Mar 2012, 10:46 am

reddwarf

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

check ebay you might find a cheap clinker or sea craft

3WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Empty Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:20 pm

admin

admin
Admiral of the Fleet
Admiral of the Fleet

Budget? Specs?

See: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

4WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Empty Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Sun 18 Mar 2012, 8:37 pm

reddwarf

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

ive not seen tiny mights for sale in australia .my crackerbox is a glen l boat .and i have a1950 switzer bullet outboard replica both from plans the latter plan is on cd. the are a few old clinker on ebay and boat point from $2500 upwards it depends what work if any you want to do.

5WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Empty tiny might Mon 19 Mar 2012, 2:43 pm

tintin

Midshipman
Midshipman

Cheers guys,

Yes have seen boat in link - budget 5 - 10k / specs 12ft to 14ft max / 202 engine / width 5 to 6ft

Hey Red Dwarf have seen some links for your cracker box it is way cool - might be interested in your other boat - bit of an inboard sort of guy - the cyclone has made it to Kalg and there is water in lake so skiing is the go for next week. A long time between drinks.

The criteria is for light weight - easy towing and easy handling onto trailer at end of day - I love the look of the Cracker box style where you sit behind motor - there is 5 tiny mites in Kalgoorlie all built by old local guys (some deceased) no one interested in selling

I am building the tiny mite but are worried it will never finish you know how projects go - but are navigating lofting and layout of drawings.

Cheers guys

6WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Empty Re: WANTED TO BUY - WOODEN speed boat, Mon 19 Mar 2012, 8:49 pm

reddwarf

Lieutenant
Lieutenant

the switzer bullet is from an australian who is redrawing several old boats from 10' to over 30' the link is /www.classicwoodenboatplans.com/index.htm
the bullet is a flat bottom 13' race type boat that was considered a hydroplane back in the 50's .more of a flat water boat not the best in chop it will take up to a 70hp engine depending on how thick you build the hull. it slides in te corners .patience is required in building sometimes during building i'd sit back and ponder for a while.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum